PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2017, 05:42
"Littlebird"

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SHVC. Fair enough re Perth and the F100.
I've had the cap explained to me in detail. How's that working for the company with retention in mind?
As far as there not being many ATR drivers who have left in the past 6 months or less, compared to last year.
Let's see...3 checkies to QLink, 1 checkie management pilot to Cobham, 3 to Jetgo, includes 1 checkie, 2 to Jetstar, 2 to Alliance, 1 to a Polynesian carrier out of BN. That's 12 recently alone that I know of. That doesn't sound like a lot, although out of only about 80 pilots in total, that equates to a master warning.
VA can stick to their 10% cap and recruit directly to the 737, but at what cost? Let's touch base again once that hapenns and compare our departure metrics then.
I assure you things are not rosey here as well. In fact far from it. What I can tell you is that we do have a process in place to dig us out.
CASA have only issued a handful of ATPL's in the past 12 months. More cadets is not the answer for the short/medium term either, as they won't have the experience for at least 5 years, not to mention the attitude for at least 10 years.
She'll Be Right Mate!

Last edited by "Littlebird"; 20th Jul 2017 at 06:50.