PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NEWCASTLE - 8
Thread: NEWCASTLE - 8
View Single Post
Old 20th Jul 2017, 02:15
jensdad

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Iceland is fashionable at the moment. I know a load of people who have been there in the last two years or so, making use of the flights from Manchester, Edinburgh etc. That in itself could of course mean that the people in our neck of the woods who want to go there have already been, and I'm not sure it's the sort of place where people will make repeated visits. I went there 7 years ago and while the clientele might have changed now, the British tourists I spoke to in Reykjavik seemed to be - in their own words in some cases - 'ticking it off their list'. Once you got outside a 50-mile radius of Reykjavik ( I didn't get to Akureyri as I travelled up the West Coast) there were tourists from Italy, Germany, the USA, a load of French people for some reason, but I met no Brits at all except a bloke who had driven from Wales to Denmark and got the ferry! My feeling is that if we don't get a service there in the next year or so, it won't happen, and even then I suspect it will have a short shelf life. That said, it is a fantastic place. Very expensive though.
Sorry for the negativity btw!