PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - So, I want to fly a jet
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2017, 09:10
BatteriesNotIncluded

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Genghis the Engineer
I think that perhaps for our friend Batteries, this isn't about cost, ease or efficiency. It's about personal challenge and satisfaction. I get that.

G
It's all about the personal challenge. Absolutely.

I'd love to own a jet, but as the thread title suggests, I want to fly one. Hiring probably is the way I will ultimately go. I've realised since posting that I'm not actually interested in the bare minimum anymore. For me, I just want to put myself through the paces - and bring it on - to fly one. I've never been interested in "just enough"
I've decided that earning a CPL, even if I'm not going to ever fly "commercially" and studying for the ATPL's, even if I won't require their entitlements (it's all TK though) and obtaining an MCC, even though the RHS will only occupy the other half, is all worthwhile. It's the satisfaction of it. Earning those entitlements. Maintaining those ratings. Being constantly good enough to do so. Keeping myself sharp.

I crave that.

Yeah, I get flying warbirds and planes with older avionics is much more of a challenge. Maybe one day I'll be interested in that. For now, I've set my goals.

Thanks for all replies. You've all played a part in steering my decision here.