PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aerologic
Thread: Aerologic
View Single Post
Old 19th Jul 2017, 08:51
Billboeing

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No doubt, the salary is low, and it doesn't matter if you come out of the screening and negotiate 60 or 65k Euro per year, finally it's your choice. I've never heard of a triple seven operator who pays less. And to make it clear, we never received a bonus, except in the first year and there is no pension scheme, just a LOL and an annual salary increase of 2.700,- Euros.
We know that the company is making a lot of money for DHL and Lufthansa Cargo, unfortunately they don't like to share with us.
But as mentioned in previous posts, there are a few other things that I like and enjoy:
1. 15 days off every month. So, comparing to other triple seven or longhaul operators I do have a private life and enjoy my life. When I return home there are plenty days to recover. I have friends who work in the dessert, but none of them has 5 or 6 days off after an flight. The company could plan you for two extra days (13 days off), but as a captain you get 700,- Euros/day. This is the reason why they usually don't do it.
2. in the last 5 years I flew not more than 600 hours/year. So expect 50-70 hours in average.
3. All hotels where we stay are 5 star and in the city Centre or at the beach (LAX),Breakfast and Internet is included. Layovers vary with the destination. You can expect minimum 24-72 hours in most places, except of LAX where you stay from Sunday to Friday ( 5 days).
4. we have a request system where you can request one flight and four days off, so if you plan to be at home for your son's birthday, just request your off days or plan a flight before of it.
5. 20% of your basic salary is tax free up to a certain amount (20.000,-Euro/year)
6. Part time is possible and taken by a lot of pilots, you can request up to six months a year or sign for a permanent part time contract (75% or 50%).
7. The operation itself is very relaxed, just close the door on time and enjoy flying, no unruly passengers, no ATC slots, no missing bags....As long as you stay with the SOPs there is nothing to be concerned about.
8. Homebase is Leipzig, but we do have flights out of FRA or returning to FRA. In this case the company pays all travel expenses (Hotel, Flight, Car....)
9. if we proceed deadhead with other airlines and flight time is longer than 4 hours (which is in most cases) you get a business ticket.

@Iver No, there are no tensions between us and LH pilots. At some places, we stay in the same hotel (PVG). So it happened many times that we went out for dinner together, we noticed that we are sitting in the same boat, so they don't have any problem with us. At the moment we operate 8 Freighter, but as already mentioned we get two more till September, coming from DHL and not from Lufthansa. We start with Tokio and South America operation in September and October, we take that flights from the MD11 LCAG. There are some rumors about JFK,ATL and IAH.
Currently, some sectors are operated by two men crew and not three or four, this will last until the end of the year. The toughest flight with two men is most probably the night flight from HKG to DXB. Due to the new FTLs, some flights are operated with four crew members instead of three.

That's it!