PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airservices Australia Psychometric Testing
Old 19th Jul 2017, 05:40
50 50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting, there was another post that has been deleted. It mentioned how the reduced number of trainees will result in a better 1 on 1 training ratio and hence, possibly, a better pass rate. Also indicated that it is a career for life and how 2 years for a recruitment process was a "drop in the bucket".
Perhaps, but it has already been just about 2 years, wait another 6 months for them to re-advertise, minimum 6 -12 months recruitment process and then an indeterminate wait we are talking a 4 year process to even start a course, then another 18-21 months before you "possibly" gain a license.
I'm 35 now, they won't even want me by the time that process is over. In the time I have spent waiting on their merit list I could have achieved a diploma in any other discipline. I'm ok with not meeting the standard but time is valuable to me. Money I can make, but I can't get back the wasted time.
It would seem I am not the only one that has been given the good news, and I genuinely feel for all of you. But I agree with at least one other poster, I will not be applying for any position with Airservices in the future.