PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JT leaving Virgin this week
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2017, 19:02
coaldemon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Both Snakecharma and Rexxy have indeed got some of the facts. Most of the E Jets (except for 6 I think) were owned and I expect that in this financial years accounts their sale will provide a big lift to the Cash on hand. Of course next Financial year will see the maintenance cost for selling them in the accounts and I am told that is most of the cash received. The A330 going to LA was the former COO's battle cry as he had been given incorrect payload numbers from a junior engineer who had not factored in catering load. When told the 210 pax number he was running with was actually more like 170 he wouldn't accept that and just kept on rolling. That was never going to happen and the manager that told him I hear no longer works at VA. With the widebodies all are leased until 2024 roughly so there was not going to be any order for new machines for some time although JT wanted some more B777's to offer a consistent schedule to LA from all major East Coast ports. Currently in the second hand market there are some really cheap machines as the bottom has fallen out of the wide body values.

As a side note there was only a marginal difference I am told between the E Jet leasing price on a 10 year old machine compared to a 12 year old B737 no matter what the initial sale price was. In hindsight I am sure that most in VA know the 170's were a more sensible solution than the ATRs'.