PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF Regiment
Thread: RAF Regiment
View Single Post
Old 18th Jul 2017, 15:49
Lima Juliet

Received 80 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian 48nav
This 70 year old 'has been' has just returned from a 55 mile solo cycle ride ( please don't clap too loudly! ) during which I pondered my next message to LJ.

I'm sorry Melmothtw, but i am not just going for the man I am going for his jugular.

Leon - your moniker is the most offensive I have seen on here in my time as a PPruner and can be interpreted only one way - that you are the worst kind of misogynist. I guess you must have been 10 years old when you chose that! Does six figure salary wife know that is the name you use?

I am amazed that the mods let that one through - or maybe in their innocence like me they saw a Polish sounding name and thought you must be descended from one of the WW2 heroes who fought with the RAF.

The first thing you can do now is make an apology to all those you have attacked here, but particularly Danny42C and then, because I and no doubt others find it difficult to believe that you are an officer and gentleman, reveal your identity and proof that you are not a troll! I'm thinking all this talk about flying in fast jets and helicopters with female pilots is all bullsh*t.

If you aren't prepared to do so, I hope that someone who knows you may 'Out' you. When you choose a new moniker I suggest 'six figure salary wife's lapdog'. Better still I think you should be banned.

If I have upset others here with this post then you know who to blame, and it is not me!
Brian

The only thing that we can agree on is that my nom de plume is offensive to the female gender, for which I apologise wholeheartedly to them all for. I will be asking the PPrune Mods to suspend this account at the end of this post via the 'contact us' option. It was chosen from a set of supposedly joke names that should have been assigned to the rubbish bin some years ago - no better than school boy sniggerings or some of the other offensive things like the Robinson's Jam mascot.

As for the rest of my comments, I am not sorry. Some of the attitudes/comments displayed on this thread to the female gender are totally outdated, inappropriate and offensive - just like my nom de plume. Maybe some of you could also reflect like I have on what is wrong? Even if you were born in an era when women were banned from soccer and only over-30s were allowed to vote; things change, and they have, for the better.

Finally, there is a very good reason why nicknames, monikers or nom de plumes are used on PPrune by those still serving; if you are serving you cannot be seen to publically criticise things whilst actively promoting your full identity. Otherwise, the press would start quoting "Fg Off Snodgrass on PPrune said...". I am sure you know that. Maybe in years to come I can buy you a beer and tell you face to face who I am and why I think your position is so very wrong. Until that day comes, and I retire, then it's not an option.

Once again, I apologise to the females on this forum for my childish and inappropriate use of my nom de plume that I chose to use.

Over and out...