PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 17th Jul 2017, 00:22
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Please read again my short post of attitude, STALL-STALL, IAS, and Stick movements.

They are listed with their appropriate time.

Please go to page 29 of the Final Report, and check my accuracy....

Please review the first report from the BEA from the recorders, to check my attitude recollections. It was there that Nose Down was first reported. It exonerates Bonin's first move: NOSE UP.....

This is the timeline from the Final Report.

"At 2:10:09. Bonin pushes stick forward.
At 2:10:10 STALLSTALL
At 2:10:11 (at 52 kts.) Bonin pulls back,
At 2:10:12 STA....."

I was suggesting that his ND input was interrupted by the STALLWARN. As Ranger One has suggested, and I agree, an Aircraft should NEVER signal a STALL that is not happening...

Bonin's first conclusion post AP loss may have been informed by the WARNING. If so he may have assumed crossed controls. If so, it was reinforced later on, many many times...If so, it would explain why there was no discussion of the STALLSTALL later, amongst crew.
Or he may have disregarded the Warning, and not trusted it again.

Why is the Report silent about his ND input being interrupted by STALL STALL just seconds after manual flight begins?

One thing the Captain said would fit with a general agreement about the STALL WARN being accurate? but later suspected? "...TRY CLIMB!..." Why would the Captain suggest a move against the (assumed) inability to recover? He was suggesting it as a desperate, counter indicated action. How do we know this? Bonin: "...We have tried everything..." The Captain had assumed the Aircraft was not responding to commands?