PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 225 cleared to fly in UK & Norway
View Single Post
Old 11th Jul 2017, 14:33
helicrazi

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by finalchecksplease
But when you click on that link just below the headline it says:

Once that is established and the other oil companies start using the EC225 the economics will come into play and they will follow. Everybody knows the EC225 gives better payloads / range in most cases so the operating cost will be lower and this bottom line is what the beancounters are interested in.
Quite possibly, but I think what most have the issue with is the 'smoke and mirrors' and the ban being uplifted without understanding the root cause which is exactly what has happened. Im not getting into the S92 vs H225 argument because for me it isn't about that, its about yet again the aircraft being brought back into service without knowing what actually caused it. Putting chip detectors in place and reducing TBO and increasing inspections is simply not good enough. Stick a plaster on it, it will be fine, and if its not we will catch it in time. yeh right

BP for me have taken the right decision, review the evidence when we understand what caused it. Only then can a proper informed decision be made.