PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jet2 4
Thread: Jet2 4
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2017, 19:45
milhouse999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SWBKCB
Yes, let's pick on the weakest link in the chain.

The trouble is they should never get to the gate in that state - it should be socially unacceptable.

It's like blaming the barmaid when the guy who's had five pints puts it into a tree. The aviation industry and alcohol are still where we were when blokes said "Actually, I'm better driver after a few drinks..."
I agree

I'll go back to something I mentionned earlier in this most. The fiancee and I boarded Easyjet to Corfu a cople of weeks ago - 0600hrs flight. The flight was full of mostly retired types, we were in row 4. Was all lined up to be a great flight.

The last two 'gents' to board were two rowdy what I can only describe as 'chavs' off their faces, shouting about how much vodka they'd had. Sat in 1C and 1D. They sat shouting and carrying on whilst the door was still open and the stairs attached, screams of 'oi oi, lets get on it' and the like.

The cabin crew did nothing at all, a few of us collared the cabin manager and asked if we was seriously going to take off with them on board. 'I'm hoping they go to sleep' was his reply.

When he refused to serve them more booze on the first refreshments round they kicked off.

Says it all. There was a perfect opportuity to offload the idiots but I can only guess this would have jeapordised their on time departure.