PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 10th Jul 2017, 08:36
EGPO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Firstly Timmy W I will not 'feed the troll your on another good forum where you were exposed directly by a totally false statement.

You also stated ' I predict the airport will be a supermarket'.

Secondly you ignore the unexpected growth in cargo traffic, with one of the longer runways in the north and 'quieter' airspace ( Please refrain from telling us that's because the airlines will quit soon).

That growth could be supported separately by a spur from one of the new lines at the Euro Ralfreight terminal. (Freight only e.g. a door to door service so to speak)

Also with 'High speed New Bi Mode trains it's not impossible to improve the Finningley line and even provide (not familiar with the area) but perhaps an additional track via the Lincoln line aimed at the airport.

Finally no-one knows what the future holds but I'm happy to scan for you you a copy of a booklet showing traffic figures of LBA in it's equivalent growth years from the 'new terminal' to the late 70's .

They had less traffic ! But ten years hence it trippled .

DSA is a 12 year old airport one which more than half of its life was during a massive economic downturn one which we are still not truly out of.

I am no DSA lover nor a fan of the operator, however don't knock the 4 to 5% per month pax growth this year including passing the Million mark not seen since 2007.

Also Timmy it's FACT the current cargo tally has blown apart ANY previous cargo figures ever seen.
I would say you check your facts , turn down the hate and look at the bigger picture.
And finally the new station if you bothered to read the press release is also to serve the wider area , the Yorkshire wildlife park and the new housing which is set to be around the 5000 mark over 5 years.

Are you seriously going to tell Taylor Wimpey and a government minister that a plan which will also benefit the airport And wider community including one project that PREDATES DSA.
The rail project that may be built for the wider area and airport can but only result in a pax growth.

How do you arrive at the conclusion. An airline will be leaving ?.
Timmy . 5000 more households are being built on the doorstep that is what 20.000 people ?

Last word on your troll posts the whole project is a small link in a larger economic plan to improve the fortunes of the 'region.
You may be unaware that a project is due on the Highways England next economic cycle.

This will see the A1 (M) widened along the full length of the 60's Doncaster bypass and to the North the missing link will be converted to motorway 'creating an alternative to strategic long distance traffic being able to by-pass Leeds and the M1'.

Also it states a redesigned M18/A1(M) junction and additional full third lanes in both directions will improve access to the new economic site at Rossington.

The Airport cannot help but benefit from that!. But this is a long term game Timmy not your FSX AI traffic.

Last edited by EGPO; 10th Jul 2017 at 09:08. Reason: mis spelling due to auto correct on mobile device