PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Treatment of employees by EK
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2017, 20:09
givemewings

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lucky I guess! You just need to get the wrong person on the wrong day, as several of our colleagues have found out.

I too used to enjoy the cockpit visits, even taking pictures for the pax and putting the hats on them etc... it's how I got my start in aviation (well, the love came before that but the cockpit visits as a kid- and even spending 4 hours in-flight up there pre 9/11- certainly made it more real for me.)

I just don't really bother any more because now it's just a job. Hence the desire to punch out for clearer skies

Back to the original topic: I've noticed a definite increase in the selfie culture and mobile phone addiction. It borders on the ridiculous. CC disappearing for an hour at a time into the lavs on the wifi leaving the rest to pick up the slack. Ditto for being in the galley having photo ops instead of actually doing work... Can't really blame the company for wanting to control it. Really is ridiculous some days. I guess the price increase on the wifi will take care of that one... (Maybe it was the real motivation) As for the injury, well she's not the first and probably wont be the last to get the 'contract not renewed' due to long term sick/injury. Why would they keep staff on when they are not obligated to in the probationary period? This is what happens when people don't come in here with their eyes open. Most get blinded by the 'glamour' and fail to do due diligence prior arrival.