PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Treatment of employees by EK
View Single Post
Old 8th Jul 2017, 12:12
Odins Raven

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BigGeordie
A little bit of thread drift, but the company line (and I have asked fleet management) is that, although passengers are allowed to visit the flight deck when the aircraft is on the ground with the doors open ANY pictures of or from the flight deck are not allowed. Of course, I would always follow the company instructions on such matters. Anybody who says anything different on a public forum is nuts.

Needless to say, I don't think this is written down anywhere. The company turns a blind eye when it suits them but they will also use it as a big stick to beat people with when it suits them. They would say, "How do we know the aircraft is on the ground?"

This is the ME. You are guilty until you can prove you are innocent. Sometimes even after that.
I used to let pax in on the ground post-flight, but never would I allow them to sit in the seat and take photos. I was actually told 'unofficially' that no access to the flight deck at any time was the preferred way. As you say, not written anywhere but guilty until proven innocent.

Interestingly, in my new airline friendly flight deck visits (after the flight) to please the pax are openly encouraged and photos appear in the weekly newsletter as it's good publicity. It's not prohibited pre-flight but in terms of managing the distractions I don't allow it unless the pre-flight is complete and we are waiting on a slot. All technical questions from pax are directed to the FO while I slip out to make a cuppa.