PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DONCASTER SHEFFIELD
View Single Post
Old 7th Jul 2017, 12:13
davidjpowell

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TimmyW
The Park and Ride near Rossington is now open 24 hours and the X4 bus serves it. That should be a good alternative for people wanting to use public transport and save on parking costs, because it is free, and only 5 minutes on the shuttle bus to the airport.
It does in fact now market itself as a Park and Fly option... They say that it's open 24 hours... I'll pay attention, but I'm pretty sure that they close the gates at night... If they don't then that's recent.

Originally Posted by Barnstable
Fair play to the marketing people at DSA, they keep grabbing the headlines. I agree that this will never happen, as a shuttle bus would still be required. There's already an ECML station a few miles away (Doncaster) with a regular 20-minute shuttle. That station is not only served by the ECML but other trains such as Trans Pennine Express and Cross Country.

Given the expansion of the nearby wildlife park and business district, a bus to Sheffield calling at these places could be the next step forward - allowing better access not only to the people of Sheffield, but also MML users coming from eg Chesterfield.
To my mind they could extend the Leeds slow train to terminate at a new Robin Hood Branch.. Would be a good way of connecting..