PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Delta Fights Back. Literally!
View Single Post
Old 2nd Jul 2017, 11:08
fliion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Buford - no one has a problem with Delta being in it it for Delta and now you wanting the same - good for you.

Its the premise that 'we are angry' because of a higher moral principle than those 'people' in the Middle East that has observers raising an eyebrow

So presumably you are on Delta forums arguing that your code shares shouldn't be subsidized or that the Egyptair baggage handlers in Cairo, Saudi catering staff in Riyadh, China Eastern cleaners etc etc be paid better western wages. I'm sure when Delta were in town - they paid their Dubai workers the market rate. That's business.

So please stop with the moral grandstanding - you say you have been in the business awhile. Then you should remember when things were bad in the US - Delta and many other Airline mgt threw thousands of pilots onto the street. Your own husband was a furloughee from an American carrier. You and many of them came here where you were able to put food on your table, put kids in private school and hire the maid. How quickly people forget.

I'm no EK fan - I'm a contractor that gets paid by EK and and that will change at a point of my choosing in the future.

But don't forget - you're hubby is a hired gun too and in the next 20 plus years of his career in big D one hopes its all uphill because if it's not - you may want to do a Google on how many times Delta has furloughed since you have beeen on the planet.