PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - China Southern wannabes
View Single Post
Old 27th Jun 2017, 17:33
donpizmeov2

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WYOMINGPILOT
Blue-blue most jobs allow you to actually be the PIC, not get smoked upon, have some say when you get to rest vs. having the PIC tell you as the Cruise Captain when you will sleep. As I understand it the A-330 guys fly regularly as the PIC but on the Boeings you are still nothing more than glorified Cruise Captains begging for a landing occasionally, attempting to avoid a smoke filled chinese cockpit and pleading for a few hours rest during the night vs. being assigned the daylight rest periods along with the PIC dictating what fuel load and alternate airports you will use and denying you any input.
Hey WY this was your post 5 years ago ...

"The Moral of the story in China is get in and get the cash for 2 contracts and then you are financially set for life if you can wisely manage your money. There is no job security here but it is very liveable. The medicals are atrocious and can be the most difficult part of the job. The flying is actually enjoyable if you have a mix of International and domestic flying and the young first officers even though not very experienced are eager and thorough. The environment is as described but there are some jewels in the rough. Sanya, Tibet, Sichuan etc. are incredible to see and visit. The job is different here than the Middle East as it is higher paying and MUCH more time off but the job security pales. Ask me again in 5 years and I'll tell you whether it was the right move or not. As with any Ex-Pat job always have a Plan B nearby. The beer here is actually quite good and very cheap. A 700ml bottle can be purchased for 3 rmb about 45 cents."

Now I'm asking the question again?