PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 25th Jun 2017, 21:03
KayPam

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey,

Having just completed my 14th test a few days ago, I'd like to provide you with some feedback.
I started with a French School in mid december, so it took me a grand total of 6 months and one week. That's including the four total weeks I took to revise before sessions 1, 2 and 4.

My country does not seem to be willing to disclose your marks, but I had an average of about 95-96% with my school's final tests (they reused some questions from aviationexam and created some questions, to simulate new questions on the test day)

I spent half my time on the books and half my time on aviation exam.
This was done in parallel with my job, about 1 to 3 hours per day of work, every day during these six months.

About the subjects :
I started with :
Communications, air law, ops proc : just by heart learning, not so many new questions but they could be surprising since it's not easy to not miss anything.
Then, instruments, meteorology, perf and mass&balance : No idea if questions on test day were new or not because they could all be answered with reasoning. I like subjects like these.
Then AGK, PoF, flight planning. The latter two are like the four previous one : I liked them. However I feel AGK is the subject in which the level I reached is the weakest of all subjects : too many many systems and details to learn. Different type of fire detectors, seriously ?
To finish with, gen nav, radionav, human factors.
HF : easiest subject of all, took me 10 minutes to complete the test.
Gen nav : so many calculations, it makes me tired. Thankfully it's quite of an easy subject for an ex math-student like me.
Radionav : worst subject, by far. Many different themes and many new questions about ridiculous little details that no one cares about.. The subject in which I had the worst scores, immediately after having read the books. In the end I think I have a better command of this subject than AGK but it was a pain in the ass. Probably mostly because it was the last subject.

Now i'm on for some bureaucracy to get my official diploma.

I'm very glad it's over, I have no idea what I'm going to do with all the newly available free time.