PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BAA Wizz Air Cadet Scheme 2016
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jun 2017, 17:15
RawData17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hello everyone,

Just like I was, many of you are interested how does Profile XT look like and also the COMPASS test.

Now just to clarify at the beginning, I will not tell you exact questions as this wouldn't be right towards the Academy and the Airline.

Regarding the Profile XT test....
It has around 185 questions. Most of them are "Yes and No" questions. For example " Do you think ......... " and then you can answer with yes or no. The Profile XT contains some Math parts like basic operations of multiplying, dividing, adding and subtracting. Pay attention to the order of operations " () " and decimal positions. Also you will need to determine which number is the next in sequence. Beside Math, there are some questions where you have to choose an activity which you would rather do. It is very important that during the Profile XT you do not lie, but answer truthfully. The test is constructed in a way where the examiner can notice throughout the test if you have lied and at which point. As many have said, there is no right or wrong answer.

Many, just like I have, wonder which software is good for preparation for COMPASS test. I can speak from my experience, but I am sure other software are good as well. I got the ShyTest Middle East package for around 80 EUR. This will be more than enough for your preparation, however do not underestimate the tests. Again, I will tell you on which exercises to pay attention. When I practiced in SkyTest I always used the most difficult settings. Don't get depressed if you have bad results. In reality, the test is easier, but the preparation has to be harder of course.

So, you want to focus on the exercises for memory (memorizing sequences of numbers, like heading, altitude, speed, radio freq), hand, leg and eye ordination exercises (basic coordination test). Pay attention to the orientation part (Bearing Determination Test). If you google this you can find more about it. For the attention part, Autopilot and Signals Processing you can check. I would recommend you to pay attention to tracking accuracy test within SkyTest preparation.

You really do not need preparation for the profile XT. Math and Physics part on compass is basic high school knowledge, all operations, order of operations, proportions, momentum, force, how does a jet engine work.

For the interview just be yourself, truthful and relaxed.