PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 18th Jun 2017, 20:51
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VJW
Have T&C's been romoved from people, or are they just worse then they were previously. If the latter is the case, then no one forced you
FPA (around £700 per month) was removed last year and replaced with Variable Flying Pay. This means that on a Reserve month or a month containing Leave, Duty Free Week, Sickness or Training you're pay will be significantly reduced simply through not flying.

Some of this pay is of course recovered but being junior means that you're largely unable to affect your roster and therefore have limited say over how much of that money you actually recover. That's not a grumble, just a fact.

Bidline has also been voted out in favour of the new (and largely unknown) JSS system, which is currently under construction and trial. No one really know what this will look like but from what I've read it appears to be a completely opaque preference system with an emphasis on optimisation of flight crew.

Note I've not mentioned the different Pay Point scales as the updated version was introduced before I joined and therefore have no right to complain, as you rightly say.

I should add that the loss of FPA and Bidline was democratic across the BA flight crew community and as such I accept the result. But it doesn't mean I have to like it.