PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hong Kong Airlines (HKA)
View Single Post
Old 16th Jun 2017, 16:56
flyer25

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keep in Mind

For Option A, you can request certain days off per month, 6 to be exact and you can request 2 flight per month as well. You won't get six days in a row, maybe 4 occasionally. Much easier to get 3 days where you want during the month. But you can sometimes use your annual leave adhoc and combine it with that request ahead of time. So, You would take 5 days adhoc leave and the request 1 day off before or even 2 days off and maybe 2 days off after. You might then get 7-9 days off. Your request are not always available. You have to play it against the month of the request, much easier in say November, non-peak travel. For Option B and C, you don't get to choose the block of days off you want and you take a hit in the pay department which is complete BS.

Don't get worked up by the two days of sick leave, you still have to go get a doctors note on the same day of your illness in order for it to be paid. No doctors note and they will deduct pay and then a nasty note in your secret file.

Remember you get training pay during all periods of training, so you have to do the dollar cost averaging to account for that fact.

Read all those insurance coverages carefully, they are pretty complicated and paperwork intensive. That's all I will say!

140k HKD is a bit high for average, closer to 126-27 on the A330, depending on the season. The most I made was 145k HKD based on 93 block.

You do get pays for red eye flights like Bangkok.

If you have kids, the school fees are no JOKE please account.

I am still holding my breathe for Myid Travel just because I keep teasing my friends that are still there. It's a really interesting carrot, but it's a program run by SAS I believe and they don't share your travel information with the companies is many understanding. Hence, I don't think HKA is interested in a program that they can't spy on you, control where you go, or observe when and where you are going. I know it sounds crazy but just wait and see when you get there.

Last edited by flyer25; 16th Jun 2017 at 16:56. Reason: typo