PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Reports of excessive and unreasonable CASA actions
Old 1st Sep 2003, 11:02
Northern Chique

PPRuNe's Paramedic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Torres think I know who youre speaking of... and yes full points to a chappy much maligned by those who stood behind ill informed actions, but one hell of chap with alot of common sense. Unfortunately common sense isnt so common.

You are welcome to meld thoughts at any time brianh! The biggest hurdle for any institution is change... people hate it! So changes for good are often canned with the changes that could do with some more thought.

I certainly do agree with a concilliation process, it would often save much time, funding, court hours (my appolgies to the barristers who may miss out on a little work here and there!) but it would have to be better for the industry.

I have found my own comfort levels much higher in an informal situation compared to witnessing in court! No pilot or maintenance engineer in his right mind would enjoy an interrogation from the opposing team. Concilliations by my experience are far more oriented around setting up solutions, not convictions and usually set conditions.

If the conditions are not met... then a court appearance may be warranted, and quanities of evidence have usually already been gathered by that time.