PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Murray/Bodill Round the World
View Single Post
Old 1st Sep 2003, 03:19
jeffasolo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My Polar Flight

I much appreciate the positive reactions - and, well, there will always be those who criticise. Please check out my web site to understand a little more about what we are hoping to achieve - not www.polarfirst.com This is just a holding site but it will be fully up and running by mid September.
We are doing more than 'just' attempting what has never been done before. We will be raising funds for WWF (The World Wild Life Fund) visiting many WWF sites and running a forum on www.schoolmaster.net - giving a great geography lesson to schools. Like so many others, we too will be celebrating 100 years of flight - and if we get those winds you so kindly wish us we will be at the South Pole on 17th December.
In the meantime I'm facing the toughest(I hope) part of all - just getting to the starting line - 2 years of planning and still so much to put in place.
...and Steve and Q. A brave attempt, but not a good idea to attempt Antarctica at the end of the Austral summer. Too much pressure to go when conditions are other than perfect.
Hope we don't have to sit around too long but we are allowing 2 months for a journey that could be done in days.
Again - thanks for the encouragement and stay with me as we go! Take off is 22nd October NYC.