PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 9th Jun 2017, 19:28
Concours77

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by misd-agin
Nonsense. They never got to 300 kts. They got to 160 KIAS and 130 KIAS. They hit with zero and unknown. The unknown readout had been 0-30 KIAS just prior to impact.

Page 93 of the report -

https://www.bea.aero/docspa/2009/f-c...p090601.en.pdf

Hi. With great respect, there is an element of nonsense about the report, in that it purports to display actual in the moment data. Nothing wrong with that, but without a studious representation, inclusive of actual audio, blanket statements are not iron clad.

From data in the report, many explanations can be supported, but remain conjecture.

Was there not a data point that showed 15,000 feet per minute descent? Now that is 150 knots in the vertical, and suggests that with the concurrent horizontal velocity, a value approaching a velocity of 300 knots is supportable.

Without reliable IAS, I put more faith in the report of "crazy speed" than any numerical value of record?

As to loss of Stall warn below "sixty knots"? Would the pilot believe they had regained aero flight with the display con current with the re invigorated Stall Warn? If in fact the aircraft was reporting accurately, wouldn't the pilot misread Stall cues as something other than Stall?

In other words, as the aircraft AoA reduced, and Stall was announced, the associated buffet, roll problem, and increase in noise level was understood as overspeed, rather than Stall? His move to spoilers would suggest that.

So, again, with respect, the dynamic flight cues are missing from the report, and I choose to keep my conclusions open...