PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dual National UK/US - options for training?
Old 8th Jun 2017, 16:00
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Antse7en
Thanks for the replies.

US fixed wing route is an interesting point. What are the typical entry and training requirements? If somebody can point me towards an online resource that would be great.

I like the self-funding element of rotary, and effectively setting your own pace. In addition there are no entry considerations like you would face applying to an airline as a trainee pilot. The main reason I mention this is because I do not have a degree - often a prerequisite. This has not been an issue in my career thus far given my journey from development apprentice through to IT leadership.

If there were a similar path which could be taken in the US for fixed wing I would definitely consider it.

Thanks
The three wholly owned regional airlines of American Airlines (Envoy, Piedmont and PSA) are all hiring guys with minimum time and offer a contractual flow throw to mainline AA. You also get full mainline travel benefits.

I recently made the jump to envoy after 15 years flying helicopters and haven't looked back. PM me if you want to know more.