PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Boeing seeks U.S. anti-dumping probe vs. Bombardier
Old 8th Jun 2017, 11:17
Willie Everlearn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow!
Perjury.
I guess Boeing isn't the only one telling little porkies at this hearing.

The fact is the B737-700 was out of production before the C series was even certified. Boeing claims in this hearing that Bombardier's dumping of the C series will kill, or has already killed the 700 and MAX 7, (porkie). It was already dead and C Series had very little to do with it. Okay, let's agree with Boeing. C Series unfairly killed the 700 due to dumping, (another porkie). Either way, the 700 is dead.

By Boeings own admission at this hearing they sold 737-700s to United at fire sale prices just to cut Bombardier out of a sizeable order. Their spin on it is that they had to, (another porkie, poor Boeing) because Bombardier were dumping C Series in Delta's lap at way, way below fair market prices.
HA!
What? Just like practically everybody else, including Boeing. Hilarious!
Those aircraft, I believe, were hermetically sealed in the Arizona desert. You can decide for yourself whom to accuse of dumping, but business is business. If Delta had taken the 700s over the CS100s (bearing in mind Delta say the 737-700 wasn't even in the running. You may recall Boeing tried to hawk used EMB190s, not 700s) I seriously doubt Boeing would be making these outlandish claims.

Now, let's discuss the C series as a Regional Jet.
It's not a regional jet, unless Bombardier want to label it that. So far, they haven't. If the manufacturer wants to call it a regional airliner, it's a regional airliner, just like every airliner ever built could be called, labelled, or considered a regional airliner. We might even call them whisperliners. Whatever it gets labelled, it's a label and nothing more. (maybe we could call it a Dreamliner? Star Liner? Astro Jet?)

In China, the CAAC temporarily halted airline industry startups due to a number of safety concerns. They decided all new startups could no longer operate an aircraft type of their choosing. They had to henceforth only operate regional jets or the CAAC would not issue an OC. With potential sales for Bombardier in jeopardy, Bombardier now calls the C series for the Chinese market a regional jet. Problem solved.

Sounds like this regional jet, regional airliner label has crept into this 3 ring circus Boeing has decided to perform. You believe what you like, my sources tell me a very different version.

Willie