PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ties Cut With Qatar
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2017, 13:30
Joker11

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by harry the cod
ADFUS

I have no idea where you're from, I do not care. My point was to merely highlight the irony of your statement blaming only the UAE and Saudia for supporting terrorism. It's often forgotten that the major protagonist in the fight against terrorism is also a former supporter of the very principles it despises. Only when the US mainland became a target did it's 'protected citizens' take a less jaundiced view to the British occupation of Northern Ireland and their often blind support for a terror organisation that was killing innocent people in the name of freedom! My point being that until the US itself became a victim of terrorism, there may not have been a shift in attitude away from IRA support. Fundraising had been significant up until then and it's subsequent reduction was certainly a catalyst in the cessation of the conflict. It's just such a shame that it took a monumental event such as 9/11 for the government and it's people to grasp that everyone is vulnerable.

This should not become an anti US forum. Many hundreds of thousands of lives, on both sides of the pond, have been lost in major conflicts over this last century. Tit for tat spats on this forum achieves nothing other than highlighting our own ignorance and immaturity. More importantly, it disrespects those that have given their lives in the name of achieving real freedom.

Perhaps we need to reflect on who the real enemy is here?

Harry

Talparc

You're talking bollocks as usual!
Well said. A lot of Trump bashing etc. Can we focus on the issue and thats a melt down in relations between Arab nations. As I mentioned before it is a case of nations calling the kettle black. Quite a lot of hypocrisy going on and all us expats are caught in the middle of it.