PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Direct Entry Pilot.
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2017, 08:00
Enzo999

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Vokes55
I think there are plenty of people in other UK airlines that would disagree with you. Myself included. Actually, if the majority of BA staff were to remove that stick from their rectum and drop the 'my job is more important than your job' persona, they may get more respect from the rest of the airline community.
I think that's a very unfair comment and says more about your own "issues" than those of most BA staff. I have been flying for 13 years now and in that time I have flown for several other UK companies along with BA for the past year. I am in no way a Cheerleader of BA and will be the first to point out its failings I also don't see BA as "Better" than anyone else or look down my nose at other Airlines. I also see there are many benefits to working for a LCC or Charter but in my experience terms and conditions are not one of them. As said I have worked for several U.K. Companies and have applied for most of the others so have a very good understanding of what's on offer else where and In my experience this is as good as it gets. PPJN will tell the story in my first year I will make early/Mid 70s in salary, a pension contribution of 13%, 6 weeks off spaced equally, PHI, LOL, world wide staff travel, free type rating That's far better than the Zero hour contract I would get at Easy or Ryan, the 10/13th salary at Monarch plus these guys all charge 30k for ratings.

On another note before coming here I proscribed to a similar feeling about BA pilots but having worked here it's totally unjustified, on the whole they are amoughst the best guys and girls I have flown with.

Maybe it's not the BA guys that need to pull that sick out.