PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair - 9
Thread: Ryanair - 9
View Single Post
Old 6th Jun 2017, 00:19
Charlie Roy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travelled BRU-DUB and DUB-BRU this weekend and witnessed first hand the effects of deliberately separating passengers.

BRU-DUB
  1. Boarding the back door of the aircraft, girl in front of me: "Oh I need to show my boarding pass again? My boyfriend has it, he's boarding the front" RESULT: Allowed board without a boarding pass
  2. Lots of seat swapping
  3. Stag party guy sitting next to me didn't buy a drink: no mates to drink with / no mates to encourage him
  4. I did not purchase a drink, my travel partner was not there to share a drink
  5. Some confusion of people needing money from a partner further back in the plane in order to buy something (how many just didn't bother?)
  6. Guy behind me inappropriately chatting up a girl whose boyfriend was seated up front
DUB-BRU
  1. Guy next to me asked me to help him with his case, he had injured his arm during the weekend, and his boyfriend was at the other end of the aircraft so not able to help directly
  2. Lots of seat swapping
  3. No-one in my row bought a drink
  4. Disembarking at BRU people hesitating before getting into the bus, waiting for partners... and then needing to be ushered in (wasting time), so that the bus could go and come back
  5. In the bus people blocking the door waiting to see their partner appear
  6. Where the bus sets people off, people hanging around the entrance (partially blocking it) waiting for partners

In general, lots of small hindrances, as well as the big pissing people off by separating them to begin with.