PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Is an ATPL equal to BSc or BA?
View Single Post
Old 3rd Jun 2017, 19:47
Homsap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Woopity, while I respect you your posts, in the past I need to say fifteen years ago, someone training as a state registered nurse quaulified as a SRN, but these days nurses qualify with a BSc, likewise Radigrapehers and Dieticians. The training and I stand to be corrected, is a third academics and two thirds practical. So why is it any different with pilots.

I need to add I think alot of people travelling in first class from say LHR to LAX would not imagine that P1 and P2 are considered below graduate level. Worse still if the bean counters get on to this they will be demanding pilots are paid less than nurses.

I would add that if a RAF pilot gains his/her wings and completes OCU, that should have equilient status to BSc, but who the awarding body would be, who knows.

i think I need to add the ATPL is a qualification as well as a licence, unlike my TV licence for which i did not take exams. What I actually object to is that if I was quaulified as a surgeon under the Royal College of Surgeons, I retain that quaulification until death,, so why can retired ATPLs not retain an ATPL up to any age, but with PPL priviledges, it it very disrespectal, to ex airline pilots, they quualified, they are entitled to their qualification aa experienced pilots.

Last edited by Homsap; 3rd Jun 2017 at 20:16.