PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HD throws in the towl
View Single Post
Old 27th May 2017, 16:13
wizard1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A different perspective. I left EK a year ago. I'm now working elsewhere. I'm well paid, I genuinely like the people for whom I work. I respect them, they respect me. I get 121.5 days leave a year.
I was at Emirates for a long long time. I honestly didn't mind it. But on the other side what strikes me the most now is just how truly unpleasant the management attitude to the pilots was/is at EK. Perhaps it stems from the general Arab arrogance. Who knows. It's obviously going downhill fast. I'll bet the weekly bottom line is shocking. Get your licenses / ratings in order ASAP. I'm not in China and perusing the China Southern thread (take a look) there is no way on gods earth I'd work for any of that lot. But there are alternatives. And although the move seems hard, it's always that way before you actually do it. As has been alluded to in previous posts. How can anyone feel any loyalty to these people, who have treated hard working dedicated professionals with utter contempt.
It's nice to be in a different environment now. I am much much happier and that's in no small part due to the absence of the sword of Damaclese (correct my spelling !) not dangling over my head in every way.