PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - HNZ wins SAR in Oz
View Single Post
Old 26th May 2017, 00:38
Twist & Shout

Received 19 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by ersa
Some of you guys make me laugh , there are lots of unemployed pilots out there, would love a job with HNZ .

You need to wake up, the nose in the trough days are over
Some of you make me cry.
Can you remember a time when there wasn't "lots of unemployed pilots out there"?

What you call "Nose in the trough", many professional pilots call "remuneration commiserate with skills, experience and qualifications being utilized by the employer".

Some are talking like these jobs wouldn't exist if remuneration and lifestyle cuts weren't accepted. Do you think the oil companies would leave their workers on the rigs or something?
Do you see your petrol getting cheaper?
Are the oil companies accepting contracts with S76/B412/AS332 to save money?

HNZ claim they couldn't get pilots to work for what they offered, and needed to bring pilots from overseas on 457 visas as I understand it.

The current tactic appears to be: make secret "individual" offers until they get enough pilots. With no EBA protection, it's obvious these "deals" will be eroded as much as possible over time.

The logic on this thread seems to be: just tell the pilot we need to pay you less, and if you don't agree, there are plenty of unemployed pilots around.

Some pretty simplistic and short term ideas being justified on here.
Divided and deceived we fall "Brothers".