PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Drones threatening commercial a/c?
View Single Post
Old 25th May 2017, 12:25
diddy1234

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DJI (one of the biggest 'drone' makers) will shortly be providing an update to the software only allowing users that have registered with them the ability to fly.

Some people are already moaning about big brother controlling things but I don't have an issue with it.

I brought a 'drone' last weekend and think it's brilliant but then I do observe the rules.
One interesting aspect is that all flight data is logged and sync'd to them.
I can view previous flights and it overlays on google earth where and when i have flown. this could be a great defence if someone claims I had been flying where I shouldn't.

Also DJI has a known list / map of no fly zones and apparently will not let the 'drone' take off if it's in one of these zones.

Of course this does not stop any idiot who is determined to fly one near planes but it does reduce the chances of these events happening.

Other 'drone' makers may follow suit.
anyone building there own 'drone' would fall outside of these restrictions though

Of course I have no desire to go and fly near an aircraft. it's taken me long enough to get my own drone so i have no desire to loose it

Last edited by diddy1234; 25th May 2017 at 12:48.