PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Sully's Flare on the Hudson: Airbus Phugoid Feedback
Old 25th May 2017, 04:47
Owain Glyndwr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@Quagmire

You will note that I have removed the post that offended you, but I would say that the private comments I received were supportive.
At various times in your campaign you invited alternative views from those who you described as "Airbus apologists". Apart from the fact that I feel no need to aplogise for a very successful aircraft with one of the best safety records in the world, I am disappointed and illuminated by the fact that when such views are posted they are airily dismissed as "nonsense" or "boring"
Disappointed because on Tech Log one expects, or at least hopes, to read reasoned technical argument and counter-argument; illuminated because arbitrary rejection of opposing views without discussion is often the refuge of those who have no viable arguments of rebuttal.
But I long ago recognised the futility of arguing with closed minds, so for me the best option will be to let this thread die from neglect.

Last edited by Owain Glyndwr; 25th May 2017 at 08:17.