PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin loses $767K a day.....for how much longer?
Old 22nd May 2017, 00:29
AerialPerspective

Received 53 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by maggot
I dunno, he was hired to spend big to turn Vaus into a premium yield airline. And so he did and the major shareholders put their hands in their pockets to fund this. Why the surprise?
Because he was touted in the media and other outlets as a genius... he wasn't, he wasn't a genius at Qantas, he might have been good to some staff but in the whole, at Qantas, none of the strategy, etc. was his, he was more than likely just in the right place at the right time and it would seem was passed over for the CEO job because they judged him not to be up to it, if so, this is being borne out right now - even the WORST CEO of Qantas has never racked up 7 years of losses, destruction of the balance sheet, share price down the toilet and nothing, absolutely nothing, to show for it except some glossy, white tiled, chilly feeling and over-hyped so-called lounges that make me feel like I'm in a hospital waiting room. The much vaunted 'The Club' is a joke. Not even in the same street as the Chairman's Lounge and all by invitation so no fees charged and millions spent on it... it comes down to the fact that he is a salesperson only and one with the ability it would seem of a mail room boy. It's all front. My question is just how long does this continue... if this was Qantas, people would be screaming for his head. Just imagine what shape Qantas would be in now had he got the job.