PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EasyJet MPL 2017
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2017, 11:10
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I certainly did, it is a bargain that I would have been very foolish to refuse. I've got my A320 at the end of it as motivation throughout it all, absolutely no additional benefits are present with the ludicrously priced 'generation easyJet' or whatever else they're calling it now.

Often times people say to forget integrated in the big schools and go the modular (self improver route) and save a tonne of cash. But from what I am gathering, one of the best things that can happen is that you go modular then are lucky enough to gain employment with Ryanair. So I've done some sums on this.

Going modular will at best cost around £50k (providing you mix and match schools and stick to some of the better known modular schools with established reputations like stapleford, bartolini etc).

Then the Ryanair TR is around 29,000 euro i believe (so £25k).

That is a total of £75k. Which is about £3k more than the smartlynx offer via BAA.

So in essence, it is integrated training, with the airline's backing (airline letter of engagement etc have been received) ... at a modular training price. There is also no stress of going modular and having to go to different schools, and the ever present question throughout the whole thing of "will this even be worth it?". Going through all that effort with nothing solid at the end of it just wasn't for me. Though I have the utmost respect for those who are doing it.

Best of luck to all !