PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Official roll out of first Typhoon and Hawk for the RAFO
Old 18th May 2017, 10:26
flighthappens

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Stuff
Describe to me what you think the term "world market" means? Do you think the F-35 is available to all and sundry on the "world market"?

I'm not sure what your agenda is but you are misrepresenting both the Typhoon capability and the RAFO statement.
Is typhoon available to all and sundry? Oman, UAE, Kuwait, Saudi, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Syria or even Argentina? Wherever shall I draw the line?

For the third time, the statement discussed is BAE marketing guff in the second last paragraph of the link. If you were to read the link closely, you would see that all of the statements are Chris Boardman for BAE, and not RAFO. They also speak in absolutes - "most advanced combat jet and proven training aircraft in the world" - rather than qualifying the statement with "available to Oman" or "on the world market".

Lastly - why not explain to me why and how the Typhoon capability leads to it being superior aircraft? Please correct me as to how I have misrepresented Typhoon capability - in the current guise of the aircraft.