PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 18th May 2017, 05:30
cats_five

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by longer ron
And as I said before - if the lead time is that long -- they should already have been ordered,the waiting list would now be 3 years down the line - whenever a replacement is ordered then it is a long lead item,this is what planned replacement means (ie one must think ahead).
If you get new gliders delivered (assuming you have somebody qualified to complete acceptance checks etc) there would not be any paperwork problems with the a/c.
Problems with how they are 'organising' the ACO gliding 'organisation' is of course another matter

I had a couple of laughs at the job advert - obviously the 2 'A' levels would make one a wonderful gliding instructor LOL......but they missed out the part which should have said ''bring your own glider'' .
At 2 gliders a year it will take too long to use new gliders to resolve the issue, and unless the organisational​ issues are resolved you will simply have two sets of unairworthy gliders. I suspect most of them will be recoverable, it won't take anything like as long, let's hope the organisational​ issues are resolved