PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 15:30
ACW342

Location: 75' from the runway edge and 150' from the threshold
Received 30 Likes on 12 Posts
Job Application

B Bear - I had a look at the job application. When I read the bit at Para 2 Line 3 I'm afraid my blood boiled somewhat, leading me to send the following email to the address for requesting information for clarification on the claims made in said paragraph.

Dear Sir or Madam
I read the job description, as above, with interest. I note that in paragraph 2 it is stated that "The gliders comprising a mix of self-launching and conventional types are MoD owned and maintained in accordance with current Royal Air Force maintenance procedures.

I would be obliged if you would let me know as to when this practice came into being as, when I was flying teen-age members of the Air Training Corps and others, the aircraft were, so it has been revealed, un-airworthy and Not maintained in accordance with current Royal Air Force maintenance procedures, thus making them legally un-airworthy and, ipso facto, unsafe and, thereby putting my life and the lives of my young students at risk.

I see, also, that the applicants will have to go through various checks (immigration and fraud, to name but two) and abide by certain compliances and codes (i.e.The Civil Service Code). This being so, what reciprocal agreements can the successful candidate expect in return that, for instance, the aircraft in which he is going to fly in has not only been declared airworthy and, therefore, safe but that process and procedures will be in place to ensure that that remains so, unlike the procedures and processes that were not adhered to, both by the Royal Air Force and the contractors concerned, which put my life and, more importantly, the lives of those students and passengers (including my wife of 45 years) at risk at that time.

I look forward to your reply.