PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Cadets grounded?
View Single Post
Old 17th May 2017, 08:17
Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If I might...

The problem is not 'the paperwork'. The problems are the failures of organisation, culture and competence that led to the paperwork being in an unholy mess.

Looking after the paperwork for a fleet of utterly basic GRP aircraft should have been a walk in the park. The RAF and the MoD should have been able to meet all the applicable regulations. The people involved should have been able to carry out the repairs properly. The FTRS should have been able to pass their first CAMO assessments back in 2013 with ease.

But as one of my old chiefs used to say ''should' don't mean sod all, Sir'.

The basic question remains unanswered - how on earth did the RAF, of all services, end up putting schoolchildren into the air in non-airworthy aircraft?

Chug and Tuc would point to the actions of RAF VSOs in the 80s, when the dismantling of the MoD's airworthiness management systems started. They have a good point - but that doesn't fully explain why people in the MoD and the RAF apparently failed to carry out the basics for another 20 years from the 90s.

Honestly, I think it's time for an enquiry. Any thoughts?

Best Regards as ever to all those caught up in this and trying to do the right thing,

Engines