PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAAF Flight Screening Programme
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2017, 23:56
zanzare

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi all,

Like most other newbies here, I have come across this forum while doing my leg work for my pilot application for the ADF. It's amazing to see that this thread has been kept alive for so long! I will try to keep my questions/post succinct - and any answers or feedback is greatly appreciated.

For the best part of the last four years I have been travelling/living abroad, and only recently returned back to Australia. My last job was abroad in Europe which involved project and production management, so I believe this covers the 'leadership' trait - however I could be wrong. Since my return I have been on the hunt for any job but am having no luck. Knowing that the application process can be quite lengthy at times, I am a little concerned that this period of unemployment may hinder my chances. More to the point, I feel that the longer it takes, the less relevant (or outdated?) my leadership role in the UK will become. Could anyone provide any insight as to how the OSB/ADF would perceive this? Am I better off delaying this until I get a job/have more recent leadership roles?

I am still in the early stages of my application, sitting the Pilot Spec tests on Monday, confident on making it to the assessment day where my employment (or lack thereof) may be brought up.

Again, any feedback would be welcomed.