PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RAF WSOp application advice
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2017, 16:18
tl202

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
RAF WSOp application advice

Hi all, I'm currently very conflicted on whether the time is right for me to apply for a WSOp position with the RAF and am wondering whether anyone on here could give their thoughts.

Essentially, I am 26 years old, torn between whether to apply now with the RAF or take 2 years working abroad. Up until recently, I had always planned to go to Canada on a temporary work visa for 2 years, return when I was 29, and apply with the RAF. Recently however, I have heard from several people that you are less likely to pass selection if you are closer to the maximum age restriction. If anyone on here had any insight on this I would be incredibly grateful? In an ideal world I would be able to do both but with age deadlines on both options I recognise this might not be possible.

One more query, I recall reading somewhere that if you pass stages of selection then your results stand for a year if you do not accept a position immediately. My reason for asking is that if I go through the selection process now, after applying for the visa I am interested in (which there is no guarantee of receiving), I can then make a more informed decision end of the year when I know for certain which paths are open to me.

Thanks in advance for any advice.