PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 16th May 2017, 01:13
Lack of interest

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bluewhine
Without trying to sound negative to the ATR group, I think it's a pretty unrealistic expectation that all displaced pilots would receive a 737 job, I thing the reality of the situation is that a significant proportion of the pilots can expect to be 777 SOs before getting into a LH seat of a 737. It's unfortunate and I understand the situation has been forced upon the majority but that's how the GDOJ works, there are still people with higher seniority bidding for east coast 737 jobs.
The ATR pilots or at least the ones I have spoken with would completely agree with this. No one would dispute having to move to Perth or NZ on the 737 or become 777 SOs, if they want to bid off of the ATR if that's all their seniority allowed; however, in the last import the company decided that GDOJ was irrelevant (still under negotiation I believe) and that external hires could potentially come in and take what east coast bases are available ahead of group pilots and earn more in the process.

Seniority is sacrosanct and the EBA is very precise on this, however, VA true to form, believe that they can bend and twist around the agreement, the agreement that they signed, as they see fit.

Managemt are at a loss as to why attrition in the company is at an ever increasing level. It's beyond me how they think that alienating large swathes of the pilot body is an effective retention strategy.

It is simple, the BNE ATR base is to close, pilots and their families are to be displaced. All VA have to do is honor the EBA, the agreement that they signed.