PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Australia recruitment
View Single Post
Old 15th May 2017, 05:35
havick

Received 46 Likes on 20 Posts
Originally Posted by Goat Whisperer
I stand behind the 150-180 figure. That's just 737 FOs. Some of which will come from ATR, some from 777, a few from NZ, then when those ranks have been exhausted, some from off the street.

If you think that by taking an ATR position you have been so disadvantaged that you deserve bypass pay you may not be a suitable candidate for this position or this organisation. The ATR FO will get the chance to bid to 737 and get a desired base ahead of a later hired DE 737 FO.

My advice is simple: if you wish to join VA as a pilot, apply soon and take the first suitable job you are offered.

If the ATR is somehow beneath you, I advise not to accept a position on that fleet. Try your luck for DE 737 in 2108 and take a seniority number behind all of us.

I look forward to spending much of my 2017 and 2018 training ATR capts/FOs/777 SOs onto the 737NG. Hopefully I won't have to do the same with the MAX.
Think you're misinterpreting what I'm asking. I'm wondering if the current guys on the ATR get bypass pay if they're already on the ATR and guys get hired externally onto the 737?