PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Dodgy or legit?
Thread: Dodgy or legit?
View Single Post
Old 13th May 2017, 23:21
9 lives

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
In doing a little research on this topic, I found the Canadian regulation, which applies to this situation:

• 401.28 (1) The holder of a private pilot licence shall not act as the pilot-in-command of an aeroplane or helicopter for hire or reward unless the conditions set out in subsection (2), (3), (4) or (5), as applicable, are met.
  • (2) The holder of a private pilot licence may receive reimbursement for costs incurred in respect of a flight if the holder
    • (a) is the owner or operator of the aircraft;
    • (b) conducts the flight for purposes other than hire or reward;
    • (c) carries passengers only incidentally to the purposes of the flight; and........
From what I have come to understand, a pilot renting a plane, and flying to the request of a passenger who intends to pay, would violate most if not all of a, b, & c above. Different regulations on each side of the Atlantic I suppose.

I suppose my legacy understanding of the Canadian regulations, and my predisposition to agree with them in this regard, makes me leery of the Wingly approach to organizing paid flights for "random" members of the public.