PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cream pie
Thread: Cream pie
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2017, 21:05
neila83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by IsDon
Calling the Australian Christian Lobby a "hate group" is a bit of a stretch don't you think?

Not that I have any skin in that game as an atheist.

Your statement does, however, highlight how the LBGTIQABCDEFG brigade just live to preach tolerance of their opinions on one hand, while demonstrating a complete lack of it themselves for anyone with a differing view.

It's pathetic really.
Ahh that old chestnut. Trying to draw equivalence between christian groups who actually campaign against equal rights for a particular group of people, who stigmatise them, who publically call them evil/sinful, and gay rights groups who are merely asking for tolerance of their right to be who they are is quite ridiculous. It's a common tactic in this debate and really not as clever as you no doubt think it is. It fails any test of logic.

If I call the klu-klux-klan a hate group am I being intolerant? I'm afraid not all opinions are worth of tolerance. And bigotry against an entire group of people for perfectly natural behaviour, for merely loving other people, I'm afraid that doesn't qualify as something we have to be tolerant of. When people try to deny others, who are harming no-one, rights, for religious reasons, well I'm afraid we're secular mate, keep your god out of our lives. People can believe what someone high on hallucenagenic cactii in the bronze age wrote if they want, but I'm afraid it is irrelevant to 21st century society.

Playing the religion card is so tiresome. I feel the same way about christians speaking special protections as I do about any other relgious group who want to bring pre-enlightenment nonsense into society. I imagine you don't think much of sharia law? So why is christian nonsense any different? Maybe I should claim special protections on the basis of my belief in Zeus? The ancient greeks were of course pretty flexible about sexuality, ahead of their time in so many ways.

Sorry guys, the world is leaving you behind, your views will soon be as outdated as a racists. So you better ask yourselves why this is different to you, and frankly, why do you care? I guess it does give you some hilarious jokes. 'bent little leprechaun'. oh my sides. The wit!