PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Election 2017
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2017, 16:28
Finningley Boy

Received 77 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by Hangarshuffle
Junket is frankly unbelievable in his present petty nastiness. I forgot to mention also our continuing membership of NATO. We will probably do a UDI and leave that particular organization if we suffer the wrath of the EU organization over Brexit....why should we even think about remaining within NATO setting tripwires in Poland and piling in money if we get stiffed? I said this the day after the Brexit vote on here. If we get stiffed over leaving the EU we will leave NATO - I can see it easily happening. I can easily see an opportunistic group or leader taking this up in the near future.
I would have thought the idea of us leaving NATO was ridiculous. NATO has nothing to do with the EU, NATO was formed in 1949, the EU in its current form in 1992. The common market was formed, without the UK, in 1957. De Gaul vetoed our joining in 1963, we joined the common market in 1973. Honestly, the EU has bugger all to do with NATO, the chief overseer of NATO is the USA. Also I get very irritated hearing politicians on the remain side, who would be anathema if let loose with the Defence Budget trying to claim that peace has been maintained since 1945 in Europe thanks to the EU.
FB