PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BBVA Stop Funding Pilot Loans
View Single Post
Old 6th May 2017, 09:05
gbotley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ManUtd1999
Maybe gbotley can help us out here
I'm afraid I do not have the specific data to hand.... only information from those in the courses behind me whom I knew whilst still in ground school and a couple of people I also know out in New Zealand.

Of the majority of that small population, only a handful made use of BBVA. When there are 10-16 Whitetail cadets per group (as ground school classes tend to be larger due to modular and other MPLs etc), the vast majority of them were funded with parent support via other means.

In my case, within my CP I am the only individual whom has used the services of BBVA. There was one other although BBVA wrongly offered funds and then pulled their contract at the last minute. I do know that the majority of individuals wishing to take out the loans is rather high - based on the amount of messages I receive via my blog - and often a BBVA rejection is the end of the road for them. I would even go so far as to say these schools accept a higher percentage of people through selection knowing full well only a certain percentage would source finance ---- that is pure speculation though!

Having been down the route I know full well BBVA can be difficult to work with and thus somewhat understand why many seek funding via other means.

Those with BBVA loans already have yet to hear anything from the bank so I'm not overly sure what's happening here. They could well return with the offering in the future - who knows!

As for the changes at L3, I'm as much in the dark as you lot are in relation to performance protection and other various PPRune rumours i'm afraid.