PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aurigny Air Services
View Single Post
Old 4th May 2017, 22:18
Jayviator

Received 12 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Gurnard
Trislander Retirement
The two "scenic flights" by G-BEVT from SOU today are the final ones planned there for the Trislander - barring any u/s Dornier requiring cover. The aircraft is not expected to appear at SOU ever again. G-BEVT will continue i/s until later this month for flights between ACI and GCI. At the end of May/beginning of June it will position to Duxford. This rules out completely any thought of it being retained longer-term for medevac ops. Aurigny are not prepared to spend on it to keep it operational.

So not regarding the return trip from SOU to ACI I was on board the last Trislander flight on the mainland UK, It was a fantastic experience but also a bit sad as I have got rather attached to the sight and sound of the Trislanders over the last 33 years. I did wonder if this might have been one of the last flights as it has not been coming over as regular, apart from a few days about a fortnight ago when I suspect there may have been a tech issue with the Dornier, we got the Trislander several days in a row but have not seen her again until today, so if this is correct that it was her last appearance at SOU it was just as well I waited to see her depart and said farewell, just in case