PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK: Enough is Enough
View Single Post
Old 2nd May 2017, 07:45
harry the cod

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
DUNDA

With respect, and without knowing your full circumstances, discounting a potential employer based 'purely' on anonymous posts is being somewhat naive and ignorant.

These forums are an opportunity for many pilots to vent their anger and air their frustrations. You only need to look at other Worldwide threads to realise this is not unique to EK. Pilots whinge, moan and complain. Always have and always will. There is a lot of emotion on these forums, some justified, some not. Everyone's personal circumstances are unique and opinion and advice will be biased towards individual desires.

Whilst you're quite right in being judicious in your approach to the glitzy PR and hollow promises, perhaps you'd have been better speaking with individuals actually employed here. Not only might their opinion differ, but even amongst fleets, age and personal circumstances, advice will vary. There is definitely a retention and recruitment issue, no doubt about it, but that does not detract that for many, this can and still does offer a reasonable lifestyle for a decent remuneration.

I'm not disagreeing with your actual decision per say, but in the methodology in reaching that decision.

jack schidt

Internal Report was finalised several weeks ago and is being 'reviewed' by senior management before release to the general populous! How long or with what changes are recommended, both within the report and operationally, remain to be seen. We will, most likely, see those recommendations discreetly integrated into our Evidence Based Training. As we're already seeing in fact with Go arounds being the 'hot topic'.

WK

Agreed, but I will not be holding my breath for anything this year, let alone profit share.

Harry