PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - General Election 2017
View Single Post
Old 1st May 2017, 16:51
Chinny Crewman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
FB.
As I said before I'm no Corbyn fan.
I don't know what the DMs motive is but the fact is the leaflet was written by an anti-war protester in 2013, he says himself that some will find his work offensive and much of it is. He claims no affiliation to the Labour party, when it was written Corbyn was a back bencher and Momentum didn't exist however the report and headline suggests that this is somehow linked to Corbyn. The DM didn't report it's existence then or at anytime in the last 4 years. If they find it that outrageous why wait until now before publishing? If they want to discredit Labour on defence then they could but that article is lazy journalism.
Regarding the second part of your post I agree Corbyn would be an awful PM because of many reasons but primarily I think it is because he is a committed pacifist and supporter of unilateral disarmament. I don't think that is compatible with being PM.
Should they get in they will do as the Tories have done since 2010 and they will strip the defence budget to ringfence favoured sectors.

Last edited by Chinny Crewman; 1st May 2017 at 17:28.